Wow I have managed to get through a second week. They are tending to be a real mixed bag of photo's but as a famous movie quote says "Life is a box of Chocolates you never know what you get". That describes my photo's exactly.
Oh I love the photo of the doll! And the first photo - where's that take? What an amazing background. Thank you for sharing the journey you're on with your photography, San. It's awesome. xoxo
I have not shared many of my images that I have been taking for my 365 day project for a while so I thought today was as good as any. I have surprised myself that I have not given up, and at times it has been hard to keep going. But as time has gone on my focus has changed too. When I started out I was doing this to solely improve my photography but now I am really enjoying documenting our lives over the year. As I look over what I have taken over the past 4 months I can point to activities or incidences in our lives. As this has become the overriding theme I am tending to use my phone camera when I am out and about to take these snapshots of our lives. So it is now not about the result but about the journey.
Today was Oscar's 4th birthday party, in our family the kids have a party every second year, and this year it is Oscar's turn. At my husbands insistence we had to have the party in a local park. I do not mind it being in the park but I feel it is alot more work especially trying to make sure we remembered everything. It was a hot day but thankfully the breeze made it a bit more bearable. As Oscar has just started kindy we decided to invite the whole class (we have never done that before) so we and the other families could get to know each other a bit better. So there were quite a few kids all running around.. It was nice not to have to organise any games but we did draw them all together with my kid's favourite party game - a pinata. By the time we got to the birthday cake it was so warm the icing was starting to slide off the cake. It is sad to think that this is my last 4th birthday party but it means that we are leaving those early childhood years behind and moving onto...
It has been a while since I have dropped in here and written a post. What has taken up so much of my time that I have not found time to write even a few lines, well I started studying at university at the end of February. I am doing a Bachelor of Education in Early childhood Studies - this enables me to teach up to eight year olds. Over the past few weeks I have had moments of what on earth am I doing - here I am a mum with 3 youngish children about to embark on 4 years of study and it has been some time since I last studied. Last year I turned 40 and my youngest started school this year and so the questions started in my head - What am I going to do with myself for the next 25 years or so. I had so little confidence in my own abilities that I did not think I would even get accepted to uni, I cried when I saw I did. So now I am on this very steep learning curve. I have spent the past 2 weeks getting to grips with how to write an academic essay and in the process I learnt that ...
Oh I love the photo of the doll! And the first photo - where's that take? What an amazing background. Thank you for sharing the journey you're on with your photography, San. It's awesome. xoxo
ReplyDelete